Finance Business Analyst
Finance Business Analyst
Nuvalence is currently looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial-minded Business Analyst to join the Finance and Operations team, reporting into the Senior Controller. This role will work with Finance, practice management, and executives to support strategy, customer outcome, & financial planning, as well as assist with budgeting and forecasting functions.
Working with delivery leaders and the Senior Controller, they will develop & leverage a deep understanding of the key drivers of the business and become the KPI & finance partner to the leaders of the various teams to help drive strategic and operational initiatives as the business continues to grow and scale. They will develop and maintain sophisticated operational models to assist in decision making processes and use their entrepreneurial drive to help develop great solutions while working independently with various stakeholders with high visibility throughout the organization.
As a Nuvalence Business Analyst you will:
- Provide operational analysis and reporting by deriving and modelling Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), value models, & sales support models designed to drive increased awareness into total company performance and opportunities
- Support the annual budgeting and planning process in collaboration with company leadership
- Refine the company's monthly reporting process, KPI’s and strategy
- Execute value-added analysis and decision support for key business projects and initiatives including M&A
- Build KPI and Financial Models to guide decision making process within the business and to support client outcomes
- Discover innovative ways of making the business more efficient and profitable
- Develop, implement, and manage the rolling budget and forecast process
- Provide back-up support to other Finance and Operations team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or similar discipline
- At least 4 years experience in financial planning, forecasting, budgeting or strategy, or MBA
- Previous experience working for a Professional Services company preferred
- Extensive experience with executing and communicating actionable quantitative and qualitative financial analysis to drive key business decisions
- Excellent systems skills, including project accounting software proficiency
- Expert level proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Strong ability to decompose scenarios into key components/KPIs
- Detail-oriented team player with strong self-initiative and high personal and professional standards of integrity, ethics and confidentiality
We're a dynamic work environment with great benefits including:
- 3% 401K company contribution; 100% vested after 90 days
- Extensive Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Generous remote work stipend for what you need to be successful
- Nuvalence has AWS & GCP partnerships, and we cover trainings and certifications for all employees
- We’re focused on employee growth by providing multiple resources for continuous learning
- Flexible PTO (we have a 3 week minimum policy in fact!) + company paid holidays
- Bi-annual company parties: NYC, Toronto, and more to come!
- Monthly Virtual Team Building Events including: Cooking classes, yoga classes, virtual escape rooms, etc.
- FSA & HRA Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) : Employer-funded health benefit plan that reimburses employees for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- FSA Health Care and FSA Dependent Care : Employee-funded accounts used to pay for eligible health and dependent care services.
- Internal learning through bi-weekly knowledge sharing sessions held by our own employees
DEI at Nuvalence:
Our mission is to be champions of a positive culture, embracing an inclusive workplace that promotes equity and values diversity. We support this mission by:
- Investing in and committing to company-wide OKRs that measure DEI progress over time
- Bringing visibility to DEI initiatives through education, advocacy, and recruiting
- Raising awareness about conscious and unconscious bias, and working towards acknowledging bias and reducing its impact
- Making Nuvalence the obvious career choice for technically minded people with diverse perspectives
- Enabling our employees to work with each other as their true selves in an inclusive, comfortable, respectful, and supportive way.
- Weekly DEI working group sessions
- Company ERGs (employee resource groups) and Allies who are passionate in supporting the group members in creating an educated, supportive and inclusive culture.