Software Engineer (Java/Python)
Software Engineer (Java/Python)
Who We Are:
Nuvalence is a next-generation consulting firm helping organizations across all industries design and build best-in-class digital platforms and products. Operating as a strategic partner to clients, we find ways to accelerate innovation by leveraging our technical expertise, strong experience in commercial software design and engineering, AI, and cloud-native practices. Deploying a product-driven approach, we create software solutions that make an impact, empowering our clients to succeed in the digital era and achieve their most ambitious business goals. Nuvalence is a remote-first workforce united by our drive to help solve the world’s most important challenges through impactful software solutions. Our growing team of over 150 developers, designers, product managers, and operations specialists – we hire the best people regardless of where they live, so long as they’re willing to work Eastern Standard Time Zone hours.
As a Nuvalence Software Engineer, you will:
- Work on a team with a get-things-done attitude, so you’ll have lots of autonomy to create impact while tackling complex technical challenges.
- Contribute to design and architecture investigations and decisions.
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Write clean, maintainable code, and perform peer code-reviews.
- Participate in the full software lifecycle of a modern software-as-a-service product – from implementation and testing, to supporting production engineering teams and on-call support
- Experience building successful production scalable software systems preferred.
- Programming languages: 3-5+ years of experience with Java and Python
- Strong experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS or GCP or Azure)
- Bonus: Data Engineering Knowledge.
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience with unit testing or TDD.
- A team player possessing strong communication skills with staff at all levels.
- You are a self and quick learner, regardless of the languages and technologies used.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
Across all of our roles, we look for folks who match the following general profile:
- Passionate about delivering commercial software products and platforms to market.
- Deeply technical and constantly in a state of learning.
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences including developers, clients, customers, partners and executives.
- Fearless in getting “hands-on” with technology and execution.
- Strong understanding of modern software engineering processes.
- Deep understanding and interest in cloud and distributed systems architectures.
- Comfortable with ambiguity with a drive for clarity.
We’re a dynamic work environment with great benefits including:
- Competitive compensation
- USD Pact salary
- Healthcare Insurance
- Generous benefits
- Flexible vacation and PTO policies (we have a minimum vacation policy in fact!)
DEI at Nuvalence:
Our mission is to be champions of a positive culture, embracing an inclusive workplace that promotes equity and values diversity. We support this mission by:
- Investing in and committing to company-wide OKRs that measure DEI progress over time
- Bringing visibility to DEI initiatives through education, advocacy, and recruiting
- Raising awareness about conscious and unconscious bias, and working towards acknowledging bias and reducing its impact
- Making Nuvalence the obvious career choice for technically minded people with diverse perspectives
- Enabling our employees to work with each other as their true selves in an inclusive, comfortable, respectful, and supportive way.
- Weekly DEI working group sessions
- Company ERGs (employee resource groups) and Allies who are passionate in supporting the group members in creating an educated, supportive and inclusive culture.