Strategic Account Executive – Power & Utility
Strategic Account Executive – Power & Utility
Who We Are:
Nuvalence is a next-generation consulting firm specializing in mission-critical, intelligent platforms for the world’s most ambitious organizations. Using our product-driven, AI-centric approach, we empower organizations to build for the intelligent digital future. Our elite team of product leaders, data scientists, designers, and software engineers enables our clients to solve their most complex technology product challenges and positively impact people and the world. Nuvalence’s remote-first, globally distributed workforce is the key to our success: we hire the best and the brightest to join our 150+ Nuvaliens, working virtually together during Eastern Standard Time Zone hours.
About The Role:
As a Power & Utility Sector Strategic Account Executive (SAE), you will be responsible for end-to-end acquisition of new, large accounts in the power & utility sector. You should be able to understand a prospect’s business needs and goals, identify a path to aligning Nuvalence’s capabilities with those needs and goals, and drive the relationship to deal win/closure. As a successful SAE, you should be able to adequately track the “pulse” of the power & utility sector, research prospects, and speak intelligently with prospects throughout the sales cycle.
As a Nuvalence Strategic Account Executive, you will:
- Develop and execute a strategic sales plan to identify, target, and engage high-potential prospects within the power & utility sector, including power generation, distribution, retail, clean and renewable energy, energy storage, and smart grid & advanced metering.
- Navigate complex sales cycles, negotiate contracts, and close deals to achieve or exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Be familiar with how policy and legislation impacts the funding of power & utility projects (i.e. the Inflation Reduction Act)
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities by conducting market research, networking, attending industry events, and utilizing various prospecting tools.
- Leverage your knowledge of digital products and platforms in the power & utility sector to identify client pain points, emerging trends, and regulatory changes, effectively communicating our value proposition.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers, influencers, and stakeholders within prospective and existing clients in the power & utility sector.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including technical experts and product managers, to develop customized proposals and present tailored solutions that address client needs in the power & utility industry.
- Continuously update and maintain accurate records of all sales activities, including leads, opportunities, contacts, and account information in the CRM system.
- Stay current with industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies in the power & utility sector to maintain a competitive edge and provide valuable insights to clients and internal teams.
- Work closely with clients to understand their strategic goals and develop long-term partnerships in the power & utility industry.
- Identify cross-selling and upselling opportunities to expand existing accounts and drive additional revenue.
The primary experience Nuvalence typically looks for:
- 5+ years of experience and a proven track record as an Account Executive/Sales Representative, preferably selling custom application development/professional services within the power & utility sector.
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding sales targets in a B2B professional services environment.
- Strong understanding of digital products and platforms, and their application within the power & utility sector, including predictive maintenance, grid monitoring & analytics, energy management and forecasting, remote asset monitoring (e.g. turbine, solar panels), and demand management
- Familiarity with banking & general power & utility regulations, standards, and emerging trends.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and persuade C-level executives.
- Proven ability to manage complex sales cycles, negotiate contracts, and navigate challenging client situations.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and results-driven, with a strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving success.
- Proficiency in using CRM systems and other sales tools for tracking, forecasting, and managing sales activities.
- Willingness to travel as needed for client meetings, conferences, and other networking events.
- Passion for innovation and staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in the power & utility sector.
Across all of our roles, we look for folks who match the following general profile:
- Passionate about delivering commercial software products and platforms to market
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences including developers, clients, customers, partners and executives
- Fearless in getting “hands-on” with execution
- Deep understanding and interest in cloud
- Comfortable with ambiguity with a drive for clarity
We’re a dynamic work environment with great benefits including:
- 3% 401K company contribution; 100% vested after 90 days
- Extensive Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Generous remote work stipend for what you need to be successful
- Nuvalence has AWS & GCP partnerships, and we cover trainings and certifications for all employees
- We’re focused on employee growth by providing multiple resources for continuous learning
- Flexible PTO (we have a 3 week minimum policy in fact!) + company paid holidays
- Bi-annual company parties: NYC, Toronto, and more to come!
- Monthly Virtual Team Building Events including: Cooking classes, yoga classes, virtual escape rooms, etc.
- FSA & HRA Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) : Employer-funded health benefit plan that reimburses employees for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- FSA Health Care and FSA Dependent Care : Employee-funded accounts used to pay for eligible health and dependent care services.
- Internal learning through bi-weekly knowledge sharing sessions held by our own employees
DEI at Nuvalence:
Our mission is to be champions of a positive culture, embracing an inclusive workplace that promotes equity and values diversity. We support this mission by:
- Investing in and committing to company-wide OKRs that measure DEI progress over time
- Bringing visibility to DEI initiatives through education, advocacy, and recruiting
- Raising awareness about conscious and unconscious bias, and working towards acknowledging bias and reducing its impact
- Making Nuvalence the obvious career choice for technically minded people with diverse perspectives
- Enabling our employees to work with each other as their true selves in an inclusive, comfortable, respectful, and supportive way.
- Weekly DEI working group sessions
- Company ERGs (employee resource groups) and Allies who are passionate in supporting the group members in creating an educated, supportive and inclusive culture.
Salary Transparency (For US based employees only):
These are approximate ranges; salary will be reflective of experience against job requirements.
- Compensation Bands:
- Major metro: $83K – $200K USD yearly base
- Secondary metro: $70K – $200K USD yearly base